AudioSwift 2.3.7 supports DP now

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

So I was using this app to turn my Magic Trackpad in to an XY controller, but it has always had other useful functions involving sending MIDI with the TrackPad. There's now a Mixer Mode that supports Digital Performer. I haven't investigated this, and might not really have a use for it as I have an Avid S3 as well as the ability to adjust levels on Console 1 and Komplete Kontrol S88 Mixer Mode as well. But someone might find this useful:

https://audioswiftapp.com/mixer-mode-su ... -and-luna/

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Actually I’m finally watching this video and it looks like I MAY be able to use the Jog Wheel function. There’s a mode where you can move your finger on the trackpad in a circular motion and it simulates a jog wheel. When I switched to the Avid S3 + Avid Control (iPad) combo from my MC Control + MC Mix I lost the jog wheel that was on the MC Control. Granted, I didn’t use it much, but good to see I might be able to press my trackpad into service if I decide I’d like to use it.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: AudioSwift 2.3.7 supports DP now

Post by James Steele »

Okay... I set it up in DP and it's working pretty well. Because I have other control surfaces, I'm just using it as a jog wheel. So, basically I can be in DP and at any time do a four-finger tap on the Magic Trackpad and the surface becomes a jog wheel and I simply move my finger in a circle on the trackpad to scroll the playback wiper in DP. Do another four-finger tap and the Magic Trackpad turns back into a normal trackpad. I don't really use the trackpad normally, but prefer a mouse, but it's good to have.

AudioSwift does a lot of other things in DP... so I'm only using it in a very limited way.