MIDI beat mapping (again...) DP11

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
foorere
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI beat mapping (again...) DP11

Post by foorere »

Hello,

I have yesterday installed DP11 demo version to see if I could switch to from LPX. My process is:
Ableton Live (improvisations) --> LPX (clean up, beat mapping, time sign) --> notation software via music XML.

LPX is messing upp things. Now I am trying to evaluate DP11, eventually buy.

I am resurrecting the old topic viewtopic.php?t=60572
There was a video by Shooshie, but now missing.

As far as I remember (I was doing that 5 years ago on Windows, but now on MacOS), the beat mapping worked perfectly. I was able to snap the notes, and notes would move as well. Now whatever I do, the notes doesn't snap in a magnetic way, and stay where they are.

I have improvised 10 tracks MIDI, and one track is the beat map. I imported it from Live to DP it worked well. But I cannot get that snapping, in order to create clear music (score) output.

See here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8vkmpg1c ... mn6si&dl=0
Last edited by foorere on Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
foorere

Re: MIDI beat mapping (round 2)

Post by foorere »

To add:
1. I want to keep the audible speed of music the same.
2. I want to snap MIDI notes — from my manually created "tempo click" MIDI track consisting of only single pitch — to the beats (or sub-beats if needed), so that the entire music after that adjusts to that new tempo (all tracks).
foorere

Re: MIDI beat mapping (again...)

Post by foorere »

I have found the solution (on Facebook). Here it is for the future reference:

Select the Clip in "Sequence" editor, Menu "Region", Menu item "Unpack Clips" which unpacks the clip.

Now the behaviour is the same as in DP9.
(I have learned English in 35 days, please have understanding ...)
greg328

Re: MIDI beat mapping (again...) DP11

Post by greg328 »

Why didn’t you just originally in the first app, just play the music to a click on the grid?

Or, is your music free-tempo and you’re trying to create a tempo map after the fact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
foorere

Re: MIDI beat mapping (again...) DP11

Post by foorere »

Yes, it is a free improvisation made without a click-track, and without metronome.
(I have learned English in 35 days, please have understanding ...)