Using Arturia Keylab 61 mkII with DP - How to set up

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using Arturia Keylab 61 mkII with DP - How to set up

Post by midilance »

I'm new to using a dedicated MIDI keyboard controller. I now have an Arturia Keylab 61 mkII and need to know how to set it up with Digital Performer 11.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
bayswater

Re: Using Arturia Keylab 61 mkII with DP - How to set up

Post by bayswater »

I had one for a few years. I never came across any profiles or presets specifically for DP. There was a set up for Logic that appeared the first time you launched it with the keyboard connected.

Maybe this has changed, and something can be downloaded from Arturia.

To make use of the controls I had to use the MIDI Learn function in DP to program every command I wanted the Keylab to control. MIDI Monitor was essential to this process. One thing that really confused the whole exercise was that some of the keys generate one MIDI event when you press them, and a different event when you release it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I just set up the transport controls for DP specifically.

Drum pads are for articulation switching in VIs... Art Conductor keeps them consistent.

Faders are for B3 Organ Drawbars.

Simple works for me.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
midilance

Post by midilance »

Thanks. I just got some info from Arturia that I'm going to try out.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //