Older Audio Express forgetting saved configuration

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Adamirizarry
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Older Audio Express forgetting saved configuration

Post by Adamirizarry »

Hey folks. I have a MOTU Audio Express that I've not used in a long time, which I've handed down to a friend who is setting up a personal studio for the first time. The unit seems to be functioning well, but when I save configurations, they don't seem to appear to be recalled later on. Does this unit use one of the CR2032 internal batteries for memory that I've seen may be the case with some of their other interfaces? If so, how easy is it to replace, and if not, what else could cause this?

Thanks.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Older Audio Express forgetting saved configuration

Post by mikehalloran »

Adamirizarry wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:35 pm Hey folks. I have a MOTU Audio Express that I've not used in a long time, which I've handed down to a friend who is setting up a personal studio for the first time. The unit seems to be functioning well, but when I save configurations, they don't seem to appear to be recalled later on. Does this unit use one of the CR2032 internal batteries for memory that I've seen may be the case with some of their other interfaces? If so, how easy is it to replace, and if not, what else could cause this?

Thanks.
I don’t know of any MOTU audio interfaces that require a battery, only older MIDI.

Some settings are made from the front panel—confirmation saves these. Others are made from your computer, then saved.

Best to look it over in the manual to see if you’re missing anything.

https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/firew ... de_Mac.pdf

If you don’t see it or it’s not behaving, please post exactly what you’re trying to do and the exact steps you are taking.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro