DP11.31 is now available

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP11.31 is now available

Post by sayatnova »

dwilliams wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:19 pm Regret to say I'm having some crashes and some weird behavior. I'll have to document them but I can think of a couple off hand. Sometimes crashes when I move an insert. When I launch a project I have to go redetect the latency three times for every hardware insert before it syncs up. I need to mute my speakers first cause each time it gives a nasty pop. Also, I have this problem with kernal task running haywire and taking like 900% CPU power and bringing my system to its' knees. Not sure what is going on there.
I have repeatedly had this issue for a while now, in 11.3 as well. Each time I open the same project the hardware inserts are out of sync and I have to go back into each one and re-ping them to get them to sync up again. Usually takes about three times to get it to work. Until you restart and have to do it all again... I have had a tech ticket in for a few weeks and no response on that front. Very annoying and needs to be fixed ASAP.
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
EMRR
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by EMRR »

2 things related to Markers

Conductor track / edit layer / Marker - dragging a marker frequently crashes DP. Won't even try it without hitting save first.

Previously a titled marker with only 1 character was visible, I use V verse C chorus I intro F fade, etc. Now it's not visible in the conductor track unless it's at least 2 characters.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

EMRR wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:37 pm 2 things related to Markers

Conductor track / edit layer / Marker - dragging a marker frequently crashes DP. Won't even try it without hitting save first.

Previously a titled marker with only 1 character was visible, I use V verse C chorus I intro F fade, etc. Now it's not visible in the conductor track unless it's at least 2 characters.
I'm sure you've already figured this out, but you can put a space then V to get visibility at least. Odd bug.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

labman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:10 pm DP 11.31 seems to have broken the beloved Instant Preview for all things Groove Quantize. In MIDI editor, drum editor etc...

Can anyone confirm that for us?

NOTE DP 11.3 still works as it should in that regard .

Thanks (created tech link already. Aint heard back quite yer)
By instant preview do you mean the MIDI check box that allows one to hear the swing, velocity or other parameters while its playing back ? I too have noticed this is gone. But sometime it will work on a MIDI plug in for a bit, and then be gone again. very strange
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

toodamnhip wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:09 am
labman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:10 pm DP 11.31 seems to have broken the beloved Instant Preview for all things Groove Quantize. In MIDI editor, drum editor etc...

By instant preview do you mean the MIDI check box that allows one to hear the swing, velocity or other parameters while its playing back ? I too have noticed this is gone. But sometime it will work on a MIDI plug in for a bit, and then be gone again. very strange
Hey there TDH. Yup!, the way is always worked was with that check box ON, you would SEE (and hear if in playback) the items change on screen as we slide the faders. Without it working we are flying blind and slows the whole tool to a crawl. Travis at motu says he is checking it out on his end. All he said so far is that it works fine on Windows. (Which my team aint on at all!)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
dwilliams

Post by dwilliams »

I'm having so many crashes to the point of calling it unstable. I probably had 10 crashes yesterday and already two this morning. Sometimes on routine activities such as freezing a track or changing a plugin setting.
Krakadon
aka Dave Williams
Rock, metal, Camas, WA

* 15" Mid-2019 MBP 2.4 GHz 8-core i9, 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.5. TB: UA Apollo QuadFW w/TB card, Satellite OctoTB2 & OctoTB3, PreSonus Quantum 4848 TB2; USB 2.0: Ext USB3 drives, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III , Revv Generator 120 MK3; USB 3.0: Stream Deck XL, M Audio Oxygen 49, Akai MPD218, Console One Mk3, SSL UC1, X-Touch U; HDMI: 34" 16:9 & 32" 2K Monitors
* DP 11.31
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea, yesterday I had a crash during a non-critical session. Deleted a track, and bam, DP just vanished-- and did generate a report. For me it's no different, as it has not been stable for me for MANY years. But at least I have some company now.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Michael Stewart

Post by Michael Stewart »

toodamnhip wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:09 am

It is broken, I sent in a Tech Ticket and heard back from MOTU, they are aware of the problem and have passed it on to the software team.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

stubbsonic wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:26 am Yea, yesterday I had a crash during a non-critical session. Deleted a track, and bam, DP just vanished-- and did generate a report. For me it's no different, as it has not been stable for me for MANY years. But at least I have some company now.
Same here, yesterday. I deleted a MIDI track and DP crashed but there was no report. First time not related to the Kontakt 7.8.1/7.9.0 Sonoma 1.4 issue. Since the file had not been saved, I reopened the project, deleted again without incident.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I've had a few crashes, but when I do, they always seem to end up here:

<hard drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I must say, (knocking wood in the background), that the recent crashes have been fairly painless, as when I've reopened, the auto-save has prevented large work losses.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com