Reassign Continuous Data...a long-standing question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Reassign Continuous Data...a long-standing question

Post by stringtheory »

In the Audio version of the Reassign Continuous Data command window, there is a dropdown box in each of the "from" and "to" sections that list values from "1st" to "20th". For years...decades...I have wondered what this means. There is scant info in the manual about this command, which I have nonetheless used many times, and none at all about this mysterious dropdown box. Has anyone got a clue?
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Reassign Continuous Data...a long-standing question

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

Hey, Stringtheory! It IS puzzling. I had thought that to change a continuous controller, I needed to select the number corresponding to the effect slot the parameter was in. In practice, this turns out not to be true. The mystery deepens...

Doug