DP and VE PRO (looking for a shortcut)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Arceo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP and VE PRO (looking for a shortcut)

Post by Arceo »

Hi,
this isn't strictly related to DP, but since I get there are quite a lot of DP user running VE PRO along side our DAW, I'll try to ask here my little question, hoping I'm not going to much off topic (I already posted this request on VSL forum but I did not get any answer as of now).

So I searched this forum, the VSL forum and the VE PRO manual but I couldn't find any reference on a keystroke for switching instances inside a metaframe - I get that now it's called a Project but I just upgraded to VE PRO 7 coming from version 4 where it was called Metaframe :)

Any way since I'm a sort of a keystroke fanboy, I'd find much convenient if instead of having to mouse over the upper tags, I could scroll through the various instances of a Project with a keyboard shortcut: is that possible? Any of you DP/VEPRO user felt this urge?

TIA

Cheers
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP and VE PRO (looking for a shortcut)

Post by CharlzS »

Command left or right arrow on Mac - ctrl on PC.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Arceo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP and VE PRO (looking for a shortcut)

Post by Arceo »

I don't know how, but I missed your (brilliant as always) answer.

What can I say... The point is that I suppose that there's an ocean between us (I live in Italy), otherwise it would be an honor to offer you a beer.

Thanks again man.

I suspect that during the upgrade process with the new versions of DP and VE PRO I will ask for help from time to time to this fantastic board, please bear with me during this period.

I hope that sooner or later I too will be able to help.

Cheers