Scarbee Sun Bass

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Scarbee Sun Bass

Post by midilance »

Have I mentioned this already. I have all of the Scarbee basses and absolutely love them but the new Scarbee Sun Bass is killing me. It's in a whole new world of it's own. Scarbee didn't ask me to say this. Check it out if you are always looking for new basses.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
mikehalloran

Re: Scarbee Sun Bass

Post by mikehalloran »

midilance wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:22 am Have I mentioned this already. I have all of the Scarbee basses and absolutely love them but the new Scarbee Sun Bass is killing me. It's in a whole new world of it's own. Scarbee didn't ask me to say this. Check it out if you are always looking for new basses.
Damn, Lance, you're killing me! I listened to the demos

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ss-finger/

Although I'm fairly certain that it and a few other new VIs will likely make the next version of Komplete Ultimate Collectors Edition, not sure that I can hold off that long.
I can resist anything except temptation.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.

(Oscar Wilde)
Let's see how long I can resist.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
midilance

Re: Scarbee Sun Bass

Post by midilance »

I'm working on a new project and had the bass part all created in MIDI and opened the Sun Bass. I played the part over and over switching from one setting to another. It was amazing. So many useful and interesting versions. I couldn't wait. It's $99. That's got to be an all time winner for a price for a VI this good.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //