System Audio Recorder

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: System Audio Recorder

Post by bayswater »

Rick Cornish wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:47 pm Finally got around to fussing with this today.

Got nothing from QuickTime (sorry Mike, but I can't get QT to record any system audio).

So I downloaded System Audio Recorder from. the App Store for $7.99.

Works great right out of the box. No Soundflower or ACE needed.

Dislikes:
Only records as M4A (not really a problem, but Wave or MP3 would be nice)
Record volume is a bit low and there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it

Overall, color me happy.
Do you know how it works on a long recording? The problem I’ve had using BlackHold (or Soundfower earlier) and QT is that after about 20 minutes, there seems to be a glitch in timing and the sound becomes distorted.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: System Audio Recorder

Post by Rick Cornish »

bayswater wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:05 pm Do you know how it works on a long recording? The problem I’ve had using BlackHold (or Soundfower earlier) and QT is that after about 20 minutes, there seems to be a glitch in timing and the sound becomes distorted.
I honestly can’t imagine why I’d use this for a recording of that length. I’m usually just grabbing a song or part of a song to bring it into Anytune for transcription. I suppose it would work, but I have no idea.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net