Ultralite Mk5 always loses lock

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
MartinOS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultralite Mk5 always loses lock

Post by MartinOS »

So I got an Ultralite Mk5 a couple of months ago; it would lose the internal lock, stopping audio playback with a Windows 11 computer, macOS, or running standalone passing audio. I contacted MOTU customer support and they told me to return the unit, which I did. The new unit has the same exact issue. Do others have the same issue?

I have tried updating the firmware and drivers multiple times, uninstalling, and re-installing. The only thing I can think of is that these units have a real power flaw, as the issue occurs quicker with a Windows PC with noise from the power supply when a GPU is under load. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated, as I have invested a lot of time into this issue now. I am thinking about returning the interface and looking for my money back as the Ultralite Mk5 units currently here in Germany appear not to be fit for purpose, maybe they shipped a faulty batch.