Trouble Locating Applied Plugin on Vocal Track

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cuthbertdavies
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Trouble Locating Applied Plugin on Vocal Track

Post by cuthbertdavies »

Hello everyone,

I applied an echo plugin to a vocal track in a specific section of the song. I'd like to make some adjustments to it, but I'm having trouble locating it now. Did it make a permanent change that I can't modify?

Thanks.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Trouble Locating Applied Plugin on Vocal Track

Post by CharlzS »

If you used Audio Apply Plug-in, you should be able to select the soundbite it created, delete/cut that then select the soundbites on both sides of the gap (shift-click) and Heal Seperation (option/alt H). IIRC that should restore to the original.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Also, if that was indeed the case, there are non-"destructive" ways to do that.

You can create a new track just below the normal track, and drag the section you want to put some different FX as INSERTS on into that track (assuming you don't need to do any fancy crossfades).

You can create an AUX track with the FX you want as inserts, then use a send (knob) from your source track routed to feed that AUX track, and thus the inserted FX. Then you can use automation to enable that send during the moments you want it to.

There are probably a couple of other ways.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

There's always bypass automation on the plug for that track. The best visual is to copy the section to a new track ala stubbsonic.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1