DP11.3 creating laggy metering for me

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
beatsfinder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP11.3 creating laggy metering for me

Post by beatsfinder »

So this is an update and I uploaded a quick video to show you how on the newer 2019 Macbook pro with the latest Sonoma OS and DP11.3 is playing audio fine and not creating any CPU spikes or crashes, but the visual metering is lagging behind the audio. My old 2015 MBP (DP11.3..older OS...probably Monteray) in the same video, playing the same file at the same time, shows no lag in meters.

Nothing on either machine's activity monitor is out of place in terms of CPU or RAM usage, and nothing in DP is showing anything unusual, other than the meters lagging.

Might just have to chalk this one up to "who knows...you're computer isn't liking something", and wait until I get a new machine at some point. Any ideas, lmk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeBhoLBh7kY
mikehalloran

Re: DP11.3 creating laggy metering for me

Post by mikehalloran »

Hi,

Welcome.

You’ve not given enough information for anyone to begin guessing. There are many possible causes.

The most obvious: What plug-ins are you running? Are they up to date and Sonoma compatible?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Stewart

Post by Michael Stewart »

This is happening to me as well on large track count projects. It stated happening after Mac OS 14.3 update. I'm thinking it might be a bug with the graphics refresh, although it is only happening in the mixer tab in DP.
beatsfinder

Post by beatsfinder »

Tech Support just emailed me and said they had someone else call in with my exact same problem...seems like it's a 14.3 and DP 11.3 compatibility....

I run PSP plugin's as well as Izotope RX 7, but we did a lot of trouble shooting and one of the things we did was put the plugin's in "safe" mode and nothing changed.

Seems to be a bug in DP 11.3 right now....
taka

Post by taka »

I had to revert back to Ventura because of some weird graphics issues; laggy meter, and strange jumpy wiper in Tracks & Sequence windows.

I'm still on an Intel machine (Mac Mini 6 core i7 3.2GHz), and I have a feeling that Sonoma may not be so suited to Intel Macs. But DP was the only app that was showing this issue during my brief time on Sonoma, so it's also possible that there are some codes in DP that don't play well with Sonoma on Intel Macs...
DP11.3, OS 13.6.3, Mac Mini 2018 6 core 3.2GHz i7 32GB RAM
Slate, Waves, Soundtoys, GRM Tools, Audio Ease etc etc..
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I recommend upgrading to RX10. You can download and run an evaluation.

I had problems with RX 7 and 8 in older templates over Big Sur and Monterey. RX9 fixed me up. Not having any issues with the current build of 10.

I had DP 11 over Sonoma running on my iMac Pro before I sold it last November.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Stewart

Post by Michael Stewart »

I was on the phone last week with Motu. I sent them a video of the meter issue, and overall slow graphics refresh in the mixer tab. Motu was able to recreate the issue and a fix should be out in the near future.