Looking for Pro Audio Control Reverb presets

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
jgoldkamp
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Looking for Pro Audio Control Reverb presets

Post by jgoldkamp »

Hello All,

I'm looking for Pro Audio Control Reverb presets or any presets really. I have two MOTU 8Ms in my system and would like to use some of the built in DSP.

I've been googling and all I can find is this page: https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/avbpresets which surprisingly has 0 presets in it.

I'll update this post with anything I find as well so feel free to follow this post.

Thanks,

-Jason
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Looking for Pro Audio Control Reverb presets

Post by HCMarkus »

I'd love to hear a good sounding version of the AVB Reverb... at this point, I don't use it. I have an old Lexicon rack unit that I much prefer.

Appreciate your offer to update this thread if you find some good stuff!
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

Thanks for bringing this up. I had not explored the possibility of EQ, comp and reverb presets on my AVB interface. Good to know the capability exists. I'll also be on the lookout for these.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

So far I think there might be a few presets for the built in Reverb in my 828es:

Sucky 1
Sucky 2
Sucky 3

Ha... well, what do you want for nothing right? I'm busy tearing apart my mixing desk and ripping out gear I don't need and I was hoping not to give up some of my precious little analog I/O on the 828es to patch in my MPX-100 for confidence reverb but I'm not sure.

The reverb does not sound that great, but I think I can live with it just for having some "vibe" when tracking my own vocals. I tend to lean on the delay a bit more, and I will patch in and outboard unit for that I guess. That actually makes me more comfortable than reverb... to have a little delay during tracking vocals and especially guitar parts.

I'm still learning my way around the 828es and the Pro Audio Control software. I just checked and I did make a couple of AVB Reverb presets pretty quickly and there's an export function so I'm attaching a couple very quick and dirty presets I made yesterday when trying to find *something* passable. I'm attaching to this post as a ZIP. Really not much you're gonna get out of that reverb. It's very "sproingy" and not pleasant. Oh well...

JS _AVB_Reverb_Presets.zip
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
TimRideout

Post by TimRideout »

Thank you for this!

I really thought u were going to name them Sucky1, Sucky2 ... LOL

The MOTU AVB reverb - any preset *I* have made, sounds like pounding two rocks together in a cavern. I really don't get who thought this algorithm sounded anywhere close to decent...