Nektar Panorama CS12

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Nektar Panorama CS12

Post by James Steele »

Darn! This looks really interesting. Looks so cool I find myself wracking my brain to justify getting one but just having purchased a used Avid S3 not that long ago, I can’t.

Caveat: looks like only DAW currently with full baked-in support is Logic with Cubase next. As for DP eventually… who knows?

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
alexm2192
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Nektar Panorama CS12

Post by alexm2192 »

The Nektar Panorama does look like a very compelling MIDI controller and mixer interface! I can see why you'd be tempted to pick one up.That is unfortunate Digital Performer support isn't there out the gate. But given the hooks into Logic and coming deeper Cubase integration, it seems likely the Panorama team would prioritize a DP implementation as well.Hopefully the demand from DP users makes itself heard and gets them working on an update sooner rather than later. Though the hardware capabilities definitely seem tailored more for Logic's mixing style.In any case, having just grabbed the Avid S3, sitting tight makes total sense - that's an amazing controller in its own right! Maybe down the line the Panorama suite becomes irresistible and offers enough DP workflow perks to upgrade.But for now enjoy that sweet S3 and take solace in knowing more DAW support will steadily come for the Nektar gear. The Panorama does seem to be charting new ground in tactile software control. Excited to see it evolve. A letter template is a pre-designed document that outlines the structure and format of a letter for various purposes, such as business correspondence, formal communications, personal letters, or specific situations like job applications, complaint letters, or invitation letters. The purpose of a debt collection letter is to remind a customer or client of an outstanding debt and request payment in full.