Custom key commands - a cautionary tale

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Custom key commands - a cautionary tale

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:39 pm
CharlzS wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:03 pm When you have the Commands window open you can use the File —> Print Window in the DP menu.
Just a note, it will only print what is "revealed" in the window. I manually clicked on every disclosure triangle for every category and it went from 3 pages to 20 pages.
Note you can open all the triangles by option clicking on one of them.

Years ago you could copy and paste the PDF into a sheet. There was a little tidying up to do but nothing onerous. Now it's a mess. Even if you copy one column at a time, there will be line feeds missing, and commands with multiple words don't part properly.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Custom key commands - a cautionary tale

Post by stubbsonic »

bayswater wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:49 pm Note you can open all the triangles by option clicking on one of them.

Years ago you could copy and paste the PDF into a sheet. There was a little tidying up to do but nothing onerous. Now it's a mess. Even if you copy one column at a time, there will be line feeds missing, and commands with multiple words don't part properly.
Thanks for the option-click to disclose tip.

I have a few older laptops here, each with different "eras" of Mac OS. Even going back to Snow Leopard (which my brain insists on pronouncing "LEE-oh-pard" as I type it). So maybe I can find a way to get a spreadsheet of the COMMANDS-- if I ever need it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com