Concatenating soundbites in a track?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Concatenating soundbites in a track?

Post by Killahurts »

Hey everyone, I have a concert to mix that is one hour long. I will also master it, and create a DDP for CDs. The multi-track is one contiguous project. The band has broken the ref track into 14 songs that, when played back to back chronologically, would be exactly the length of the project file, with no missing samples between the songs. I will be using this for creating track start timing markers, that the band has predetermined, in addition to having their ref on hand. Is there a way to put the songs into a track, and have them line up exactly one after the other, like "snapping" in Final Cut? It would be very tedious for me to try to sew all the songs together and get them sample accurate with the trackpad. I tried grabbing the 14 (numbered) soundbites and simply dropping them into the track, but I didn't get the result I had hoped for.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
bayswater

Re: Concatenating soundbites in a track?

Post by bayswater »

I think it’s called “throwing”. You use one of the mod key while you drag a soundbite quickly to the left, and it lands up against the previous soundbite. I assume this is sample accurate — otherwise it would be pointless. Maybe in the manual under throwing.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Thanks Bays, that's it! Page 405, “Throwing” soundbites to the next or previous soundbite. You simply use the control key. :D
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

You can also (depending on your version of dp)
Use the “set gap between soundbites”
I think it’s under regions? Not at my comp right now…anyway you select all the soundbites and set gap to 0 and you’re done