Dirac Live Room Correction Suite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dirac Live Room Correction Suite

Post by James Steele »

Does anyone on this site have any experience with this:

https://www.dirac.com/live/studio-audio-for-creatives/

I ask because I was in a forum and I think SonarWorks (which I recently purchased on sale but haven't installed) was mentioned by someone who felt it was superior. I've never actually heard of it until now. I have ARC and now SonarWorks, so I'm probably not going to buy this, but just curious.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Re: Dirac Live Room Correction Suite

Post by mikehalloran »

Not at $349, that's for certain.

https://www.dirac.com/online-store/dira ... ion-suite/

In my case, ARC is a disaster. Due to the shape of my desk and subwoofer placement, it can't cope. Fortunately, I got ARC as part of an IKM suite and was only out the price of the measurement microphone. My Equators are still holding up without room correction.

I like the Slate VSX a whole lot better when I need to check my mixes and masters.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Dirac Live Room Correction Suite

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... someone on a forum said this was supposedly better than SonarWorks.

I've changed around my studio a great deal since I took measurements for ARC3 so I need to do it again. When things are sort of settled I'll do measurments for ARC3 and for SonarWorks and give both a try. At some point, however, I'd really like to get a set of nicer monitors (like ADAM) where the room correction is stored in the monitors themselves and I don't have to deal with a plugin at all.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!