Routing from DP11 to Virtual Inputs in UA Console

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Schtiv
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Routing from DP11 to Virtual Inputs in UA Console

Post by Schtiv »

Anyone using Apollo interfaces with DP11 who has also worked out how to send from DP to the Console software?

The (Protools/Logic etc) method is to use virtual tracks in Console but they're not available in DP's bundles window.

Communication from Console and into DP is otherwise perfect and transparent...

Thanks in advance
Macbook (M1) Pro 2021 | MacOS 12.6 | Digital Performer 11 with UA Apollo x8 & UA apollo twin | Sibelius 8 | Ableton Live 10 | , FabFilter, Soundtoys, Waves etc. | Adam, Neuman & Genelec Monitoring | Tube-Tech, TC, Lexicon 224XL, 480, PCM90 Outboard | Hardware & Software Synths. Tube-Tech, UA, Neve, SPL Pre's.
jahjedi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Routing from DP11 to Virtual Inputs in UA Console

Post by jahjedi »

Try going into Apollo's i/o matrix (in Console Settings) and take a note of what channel numbers in the matrix's Output section correspond to the Virtual channels you want DP's output routed to. These channel numbers have to come from the Output, not Input, section of Console's i/o matrix - which initially had me confused.

Now in the Outputs tab within Bundles (in DP) move your L & R nodes to the appollo channel outputs that correspond to the channel numbers you noted in the i/o matrix output section.

That seemed to work for me. Not sure if that's what you're after? Best of luck
M1 Mac Mini - macOS 14 - DP11.23
Schtiv
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Routing from DP11 to Virtual Inputs in UA Console

Post by Schtiv »

Thanks very much jahjedi I'll give that a go 👍🏻
Macbook (M1) Pro 2021 | MacOS 12.6 | Digital Performer 11 with UA Apollo x8 & UA apollo twin | Sibelius 8 | Ableton Live 10 | , FabFilter, Soundtoys, Waves etc. | Adam, Neuman & Genelec Monitoring | Tube-Tech, TC, Lexicon 224XL, 480, PCM90 Outboard | Hardware & Software Synths. Tube-Tech, UA, Neve, SPL Pre's.