V-Racks question

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jahjedi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

V-Racks question

Post by jahjedi »

Hi All, I have a project in which I'm using V-Racks for the first time - and hoping to get some feedback on an issue I'm experiencing.

I'm using the chunks list to switch between arrangements. By arrangement I'm not talking about a "song" in the DP sense - but really just a sequence with its corresponding mix window. IOWs I've saved each arrangement (ie, sequence) as a chunk.

My hope is that when I switch between chunks I'm then able to jump straight to the sequence editor window and/or the mix window and see they've both switched to correspond to the chunk I've just selected. This only happens sometimes and I can't figure out why it appears inconsistent.

I think this issue might share some similarity with Kenny B's sequence jockeying issues. The issues exists despite me having the "Update Edit windows to Play Chunk" option checked in the settings for consolidated windows.

Sometimes both the mix window and sequence window update to the newly selected chunk. Other times, I'll change to a new chunk and start editing in the sequence window only to find it's still displaying the sequence associated with the previously selected chuck. It's similarly inconsistent with the mix window. I hope I'm making sense here.

Am I experiencing default behaviour, a bug or pilot error?

Using DP11.3 on macOS 14.1.2 on an intel-based 16" MBP (2019)

TIA!
M1 Mac Mini - macOS 14 - DP11.23
zounds
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: V-Racks question

Post by zounds »

Visible windows switch when you switch chunks. Invisible windows do not. This allows you to have e.g., sequence windows open from two different sequences so you can cut and paste between them.
jahjedi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jahjedi »

Ok, thanks - I probably should have figured that out. That gives me what I need to see if I can find a work around. Much appreciated.
M1 Mac Mini - macOS 14 - DP11.23
leigh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by leigh »

This has puzzled me for years! Thanks for the explanation!

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics