Sonoma compatibility

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BobK
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sonoma compatibility

Post by BobK »

No iLok problems here on Sonoma.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I had a weird iLok error about unauthorized network sharing. Updating and rebooting didn't help.

The fix was to download the latest version of the iLok License Manager, run the included Uninstaller, then Install. Fixed me right up.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
meyerschultz

Post by meyerschultz »

greg328 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:45 am
Phil O wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:36 pm
greg328 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:29 amEven in this condition, I still have latency as I’m playing, live from my keyboard into my virtual instruments.
Have you checked your MIDI patch thru settings? Depending on how you monitor while you're playing it can affect timing. Read the pop up description when you hover over "Sync recorded MIDI to patch thru."

Or maybe you've already done this? :shock:

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
OK I checked out that option in Settings, it was checked, I unchecked it. No difference in latency. Still have it.

However, I think that feature may have been responsible for some weird MIDI event placement anomalies that I have been noticing lately, so I'm unchecking it in hopes that it may resolve those issues.

Thanks to all,
Greg
Hey Greg! Noticed in your sig that you use all the RealGuitar products. Are they working okay in Sonoma?
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Howdy/ yes- they seem to be fine, but I’m using Ventura currently.

I think i read in the Sweetwater Sonoma compatibility list that Musiclab’s products are Sonoma-ready-so you should be fine. About 75% of my 3rd party plugs are not yet Sonoma-ready so I’m waiting!

Greg-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

Hi All,

Regarding iLok/Sonoma/DP/Rosetta and all that, I just learned something that you all probably knew ages ago, but just in case...

It's the old UVI libraries that came with some version of MachFive that need Rosetta. MOTU sent me download links to newer updated libraries, and Voila!, no Rosetta needed. There's still a problem with with the libraries that came with MachFive 2, and those will never be updated, so that's that.

Learn something new every day.
Mac mini M1, 14.3.1, 16gigs RAM, 828 mk3 Hybrid, DP 11.23, Various VIs
sayatnova
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sayatnova »

Has anyone tried the Desktop screen mirroring/remote control (controlling one computer with another over a local LAN) in Sonoma? I do this in Monterey to control my DP session on the studio machine from the recording room via my laptop... I need this to still work as expected if I am to upgrade to Sonoma! Anyone using this function on Sonoma?

Thank you for any info.
http://www.bfdmusic.com
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

sayatnova wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:04 pm Has anyone tried the Desktop screen mirroring/remote control (controlling one computer with another over a local LAN) in Sonoma? I do this in Monterey to control my DP session on the studio machine from the recording room via my laptop... I need this to still work as expected if I am to upgrade to Sonoma! Anyone using this function on Sonoma?

Thank you for any info.
I just did this last night, I don't know about the built in control, but Jump Desktop works pretty well. I have a Mac Studio and an old Mac Pro that has plugins that didn't make it to Apple Silicon, so I called up DP etc. on the old Mac Pro to convert to audio parts with plugins that won't make it to Apple Silicon. Jump Desktop does fantastic with the graphics, and you actually can stream audio from the Mac Pro to the sound card on the Mac Studio with it, that part isn't perfect, some glitches here and there but it's adequate.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

Hello Michael,

That is good to know, thank you. I have not heard of Jump Desktop, but I just need to mirror and see the studio machine on my laptop to control the session running on the studio machine. The built-in Mac OS mirroring sharing seems to be good for that, in my case.

I do have WiFi in the house, but the machines are connected via a MOTU AVB switch and each machine has an ethernet cable for its' connection. It seemed the most bullet-proof to me. I am also running a KVM switch box (also connected to the MOTU AVB via an ethernet cable) to connect a USB hub for a few MIDI controllers in the studio (the VIs are back running on the studio machine...), as well. I was worried about potential drop-outs and latency if I did that over WiFi...

What made you choose the Jump Desktop over the built-in functionality of the Mac OS, one?
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 gigs RAM, OSX 12.7.3, DP 11.3, UAD2 thunderbolt satellite octo, Apogee Symphony IO MK2 TB
Michael Canavan

sayatnova wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:42 am What made you choose the Jump Desktop over the built-in functionality of the Mac OS, one?
Every single time I used the built in screen sharing it would screw up the window, and I was off to system settings to mess with monitor resolution to fix it. I actually didn't know that it would stream audio until the other day. I think it's $30 so worth it to solve those issues.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

That's good to know. Is that a one-time purchase then you own it? I am not paying for a subscription!...
Michael Canavan

sayatnova wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:36 pm That's good to know. Is that a one-time purchase then you own it? I am not paying for a subscription!...
I hear you on subscriptions the "Teams" version is subscription, so if you were to use it for a large business. The Individual version is a one time fee and is only on the App Store which is confusing at first.
sayatnova

Post by sayatnova »

Thank you, Michael. That is clear.