"Save as Menu Category" Plug-In Right-Click in DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

"Save as Menu Category" Plug-In Right-Click in DP?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hi!

I just watched this video on organizing and setting up DP Plugin menus and sub-menus (It's from DP 8 days, and I'm on 11.22, but it should still work?);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWvvHWOcMh4

There is a section on creating your own plugin menu folders, saving each one as a category, and then being able to right-click a plugin slot in the mixing board and a secondary pop-up-menu appears of those folders.

I am not able to make this work.

Whenever I choose a folder I created in the plugins menu, right-click on it, choose "Save as Menu Category", that menu becomes the only one showing as a menu-category, and any other that I already chose as a menu-category changes back to a folder.

And right-clicking on the plugin slot in the mixing board or the channel-strip does not bring up a pop-up secondary menu like in the video, but instead just opens up that menu in the standard plug-in chooser?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro