Anybody bought into Session Studio?

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anybody bought into Session Studio?

Post by SixStringGeek »

Essentially intended to be the MOADB (Mother Of All Data Bases) of music business meta data and created by some of the guys from ABBA.

The "About" page.
https://www.sessionstudio.com/about

Rick Beato hosts an introductory talk by one of the founders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TM9foEQJ-Q

Honestly, I'm so overwhelmed learning how to manage all the different orgs to get paid, I feel like a gumball machine operator collecting pennies. I'm not sure if it is a value add or an extra thing to waste my time. It would be nice to get a unified front end to this stuff. At least it has a free tier.

Curious if anyone else has bought in or decided not to and why.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Anybody bought into Session Studio?

Post by mikehalloran »

I’ve been following it a little. It started out as an attempt by the largest music revenue producer in Sweden to be paid by Spotify, the largest music consumer in their own country. It has grown from there.

In the US, many of their ideas would need Congressional approval. I’m not holding my breath.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro