Motu PRE-es8 latest driver and Mac ventura - DISCOVERY NOT WORKING

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Tofumad
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu PRE-es8 latest driver and Mac ventura - DISCOVERY NOT WORKING

Post by Tofumad »

Hi guys. I'm new here on motivation and I recently started using motu-preES8 that we have on my university.

I just switched up my computer to a new MacBook Pro M1 Max and after the latest motu update I can't seem to find the discovery app at all. Even though I'm plugged in (thunderbolt) and have enabled everything that I can in system preferences. I also have lowered security in reboot mode and turned off SIP to see if it would work, everything by the "books" and I'm sure I have read every thread here on this forum. I'm not sure what to do anymore. :oops:

It works as a regular sound card. I Get in/outputs and Logic Pro recordings works well. But I would love to use the online app and mix rack as I could in previous versions (the previous installers doesn't work either), My comp can't find the hardware in discovery and when I try to press "open pro audio" I just get to the "localhost:1280" server that i can't connect too. :banghead:

Could it be something with network settings? The Motu PreES8 is connects to school computer wifi. I see that school computer has a ethernet cable connected to the wall. but I'm in need of my own comp bc of plugins/personal settings.

When I plug in thunderbolt in motu and via usb-c adapter into my Mac it says on my network settings that my thunderbolt bridge is not connected.

I feel like I'm missing something really silly. But I've been going on with this for two full days now without success.