Can't remove outdated MIDI destination from Project.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't remove outdated MIDI destination from Project.

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:12 pm Yeah. I saw a post about that on Gearspace. It looks at package receipts, etc from installers. I also saw that one user said it reported plugs that weren’t installed. I really don’t have a need for it, and I think it’s a small developer and I’m kinda hesitant to use it.
I also got a warning from it saying I had to be careful about deleting bundles, that in some cases, deleting a bundle would render the Mac unusable. This was in the case of removing a category from the list of things to be ignored (I was trying to get it to ignore the many Apple Loop bundles). Too much overhead trying to figure out what this app does so I’ve deleted it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:47 am
James Steele wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:12 pm Yeah. I saw a post about that on Gearspace. It looks at package receipts, etc from installers. I also saw that one user said it reported plugs that weren’t installed. I really don’t have a need for it, and I think it’s a small developer and I’m kinda hesitant to use it.
I also got a warning from it saying I had to be careful about deleting bundles, that in some cases, deleting a bundle would render the Mac unusable. This was in the case of removing a category from the list of things to be ignored (I was trying to get it to ignore the many Apple Loop bundles). Too much overhead trying to figure out what this app does so I’ve deleted it.
Yeah... I read a bit about it in the post at Gearspace, and normally I'm pretty OCD and have been known "to fix things when they ain't broke" and often get myself in trouble when I do so. So when I read about that app, I just was leery about it. First off, I did a clean install of everything back in July 2022 when I got this Mac Studio, so I probably don't have all the built up residual "junk" on this Mac that I had on my MacProt5,1 which had been the beneficiary (?) of numerous past uses of Migration Assistant.

It seemed like a solution to a problem that I really wasn't having and a bit too risky for me. But it does raise the issue that it would be very good if more developers included uninstallers with their software.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

Not the same but feels the same:

Older session re-opened with missing plugs - clear missing. Then if you duplicate a mix, or change mixes, it always asks about the missing plugs even though they’ve been cleared and no longer exist.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
CCarpenter

Post by CCarpenter »

Not sure if this helps but I had the same problem...I removed an old input device in both the AMS and bundles and it still showed up in MIDI input on multi-record mode. I selected all tracks and assigned the same MIDI input to a valid controller, and lo and behold the "ghost" controller vanished from the available device list in the tracks window.
Gear: Late 2013 Mac Pro 3Ghz 8 core 32 GB 11.6.1.5, DP 11, MOTU 828X, MIDI Express 128, VISIONDAW PC Slave with VEP Pro 7
CCarpenter

Post by CCarpenter »

BTW - when I open an older project the pop-up window has me reassign the old controller. I guess the sequence or project remembers it. New projects do not show the ghost controller.
Gear: Late 2013 Mac Pro 3Ghz 8 core 32 GB 11.6.1.5, DP 11, MOTU 828X, MIDI Express 128, VISIONDAW PC Slave with VEP Pro 7
bprendie
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by bprendie »

To find that hidden FB-01 reference, first, check track routing, automation lanes, and project settings for any remnants. Also, scan your plugins/effects for any lingering FB-01 references.