Gripe: "Wastin' Away Again in Rosettaville"

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Gripe: "Wastin' Away Again in Rosettaville"

Post by James Steele »

Michael Canavan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:51 pm
James Steele wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:38 pm Oh happy day! I have the VIP Bundle, and I never thought the Nomad Factory stuff would see the light of Apple Silicon day. i thought 80s Spaces was a one-off because it was a new product. This is great news! ECHOES and MAGNETIC were a couple of my other favorites as well as the Blue Tube Analog TrackBox. NICE!!!
Yeah they said before the end of 2023, I had forgotten they stated that. IMO the Pulse Tech is probably my favorite plug in of theirs. Followed by Retro EQs, Magnetic etc.
Nice... I think the Pulse-Tech is part of the Retro EQ Bundle. They're working on the other EQ that goes with it I think.

I installed the new version. They just ad a "2" to the end so it can live alongside the old Intel versions. I tried to authorize it with my old serial number and a dialog popped up directing me to a page at NF's site where I could get an updated serial number. And now it works. Gotta love it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Hooray for Plugin Alliance

Post by James Steele »

Looks like they recently got most of their AAX plugins updated for Apple Silicon native, so I removed the meme about them from my earlier post. Good going, Plugin Alliance!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

Now that I have moved to a Mac Studio, I had contacted Audio Ease about Altiverb and they said "We're working on it". But the AU version WILL run AS Native but any older project with the MAS version will not carry over preset info, etc. I have a zillion projects with Altiverb MAS so I stay in Rosetta.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

hammerman wrote:But the AU version WILL run AS Native…
Actually the AU version can run while DP is running native, but it is still using Rosetta. Apple built in the ability for Audio Units to run in Rosetta on a individual basis without the host DAW needing to run in Rosetta. The AU version of Altiverb is not Apple Silicon native.

HCMarkus

Re: Gripe:

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:08 pm
hammerman wrote:But the AU version WILL run AS Native…
Actually the AU version can run while DP is running native, but it is still using Rosetta. Apple built in the ability for Audio Units to run in Rosetta on a individual basis without the host DAW needing to run in Rosetta. The AU version of Altiverb is not Apple Silicon native.
This ^

I've been running Altiverb within DP Native for over a year.

DP must be run in Rosetta Mode when Altiverb is first installed. After the installation is complete and Altiverb is running within DP Rosetta, then DP can be changed back to run Native, and Altiverb will be available. Works great!
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

Ah, now I understand. New to all of this after 12 years with my 2010 Mac Pro cheese grater! Now trying to get my head around AVB and my 624 for mix monitoring.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
BobK

Post by BobK »

Trying to resist posting another rant about Audioease taking absurdly long to release the new version of Altiverb after working on it for three years now.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4