Ozone 11 Upgrade $129??!!!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ozone 11 Upgrade $129??!!!

Post by mikehalloran »

iZotope and Brainworx are now part of Native Instruments. What was confusing is now levels of hell on the order of Dante. Many of us got Ozone 10 with versions of Komplete 14. I cannot let it install as it overrides my copy of Ozone 10 Advanced. The latest version of Native Access hides that in a tab I never see unless I click on it which is good.

I’ll probably wait till the RX Post Production Suite update since that includes the latest RX Advanced (not yet released) and Ozone Advanced. It has Nectar 4 Advanced and Neutron 4.

The so-called “Pro” versions of the plug-ins included in previous subscriptions were not the full versions. I was one of thousands who told them where they could shove that nonsense. iZotope has announced that the Pro versions are being dropped in favor of full featured numbered versions going forward.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

There is always a sale on iZotope upgrades after a while, in 6 months or less the upgrade will drop to $99-149.

Same with pretty much every company, I always delay purchase of upgrades by at least the sale date, you get it cheaper and the initial bugs are usually ironed out.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

daniel.sneed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:33 am107 bucks was a no go for me, but 49 is fine.
It would be find for me as well, but correct me if I'm wrong here, the $49 upgrade is ONLY if you purchased Ozone 10 in August 2023. If you purchased it before then, it's $99.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:06 pmAudio Deluxe has some good deals here including Oz 11 for $49 if you have 10 and $99 if you have 10 Advanced.
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/search/site ... now%3Atrue
They've since removed the $49 option, and as I mentioned, I'm fairly certain that the $49 upgrade price from Ozone 10 Standard to Ozone 11 Standard is only for people who purchased or upgraded to Ozone 10 in August 2023.

In fact not only is that $49 upgrade missing now from the AudioDeluxe link you shared, but it's now gone from JRR Shop and I know it was there. Makes me wonder if third party vendors could not determine whether someone had purchased Ozone 10 in August and these licenses were working for ALL previous owners of Ozone 10? Might be why that upgrade seems to have been pulled from reseller sites.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yep... all the third party plugin reseller sites I checked on just now have pulled the "August" $49 upgrade deal from their sites. Again, from what I saw, and it was indicated in the description of that upgrade, it was intended for people people who either upgraded to or purchased Ozone 10 *just before* Ozone 11 was released.

The fact that all these plugin reseller sites have pulled it down makes me suspect that even if you had purchased Ozone 10 before August 2023, there was no mechanism for verifying this, and if you did purchase it, iZotope would be none the wiser, either. If I could find a site that still sold it, it would buy the $49 upgrade just to test the theory, but I can't find it anymore.

UPDATE: I thought I scored, but clicked the link and Thomann pulled it also. Yep,,, I bet you anything there was a major screw up and a whole bunch of users that had bought Ozone 10 long before August got the upgrade for $49 instead of $99.

thomann.jpg
thomann.jpg (86.29 KiB) Viewed 2144 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well it's official. Apparently the $49 deal was a bargain for a lucky few. They've since shut down this "glitch."

Here's a post from another forum. Sounds like this guy didn't even OWN anything by iZotope. Kinda frosts my ass a bit. Since I was honest and didn't add to my cart since it said "August" I have to pay $99 now.
Talking of Izotope.

Someone tipped me off over PM last night that they bought

Music Production Suite 6 Upgrade from Music Production Suite 5.2 Purchased in August 2023 for $49

They only had Version MPS4

As I understand there is no stock left at JRR

Anyway I took the gamble and bought from PB for $49 using a VPN and registered it and it worked…

Got serials for:

MPS 6
GR7
Stratus 3D Reverb
Symphony 3D Reverb
Melodyne
NI FX
PA FX bundle

All for $49

Bargain!

nk_e

Post by nk_e »

I think the release is just mired in chaos. It's impossible to find any information on the iZotope site about the Production Suite 7.5 upgrade. The link in my special offers goes to info about version 7. [EDIT: I think that IS the info for the 7.5 upgrade. It's just not labeled clearly.] And I've mentioned previously the issues with the NI and Izotope sites not being consistent. The izotope "loyalty" stuff is just indecipherable.

Here's a kicker: I just upgraded to their everything bundle last September in part because I was hoping I'd have just one serial number to manage everything. My "loyalty" cost to upgrade to the latest everything bundle is listed as $749. I sent a support ticket to ask if this was a mistake. Here's the response:
Hello, Thank you for contacting iZotope Customer Care!

The Everything Bundle is comprised of Music Production Suite and Post Production Suite so you will not specifically see the "everything bundle".

If you want to upgrade to the latest Everything Bundle with the new versions of MPS6 and PPS7.5 then you can access that through your loyalty offers. The best offer for the Everything Bundle would be the $749 price that you see in your offers.

https://www.izotope.com/en/deals/loyalty-mps.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for reaching out and for your support!
Three things:

1) Nectar 4 Advanced is the only thing in Post Production Suite 7.5 that I do not already own.

2) Ozone 11 Advanced and Native Instruments Guitar Rig 7 Pro are the only things from Music Production 6 that I don't own. (Excluding Nectar.)

So, for $749, I would get upgrades from Nectar 3 Advanced/Plus and Ozone 10 Advanced to Nectar 4 Advanced and Ozone 11 Advanced, and an upgrade from Guitar Rig Pro 6 to Guitar Rig Pro 7.

That's insane.

Crazier still, if I bought Music Production Suite 6 and Post Production Suite 7.5 upgrades from their site, it would cost me $99 and $229. What sense does this make??
Last edited by nk_e on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

nk_e wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:13 pmI think the release is just mired in chaos.
It sure is. Because you likely could have bought whatever you wanted for $49 while there was a glitch in the system. All third party resellers have pulled the "August 2023" upgrade item from their sites. You may have seen above, some guy who didn't even own an iZotope product from what I can tell, bought the whole Music Production Suite for $49 and succeeded in registering it, etc.

It's a rather interesting ethical dilemma. In one sense, I'm upset I missed out on it. On the the other hand, it's akin to having a malfunctioning price scanner at a self-checkout in a store which is ringing up a $200 item for $20. Do you report it to the store manager, or do you call up all your friends and clean the place out?

I read the "August 2023" disclaimer on the $49 upgrade so didn't buy it. It's now pulled from all the plugin reseller sites anyway.

daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

James Steele wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:39 am[...]They've since removed the $49 option, and as I mentioned, I'm fairly certain that the $49 upgrade price from Ozone 10 Standard to Ozone 11 Standard is only for people who purchased or upgraded to Ozone 10 in August 2023.[...]
For sure, my Ozone 10 was older.
Didn't see anything about that on Audiodeluxe website. Only: *Ozone 11 upgrade from Ozone10*.
I received the serial and instructions from Audiodeluxe, by mail next day.
Validation process with Izotope Portal has been as expected.
After a single day of experiment, I don't perceive major sonic change from Ozone 10, except the new *Upward Compress* in Maximizer module. I guess this feature will get some little use in my workflow.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

daniel.sneed wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:37 pm
James Steele wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:39 am[...]They've since removed the $49 option, and as I mentioned, I'm fairly certain that the $49 upgrade price from Ozone 10 Standard to Ozone 11 Standard is only for people who purchased or upgraded to Ozone 10 in August 2023.[...]
For sure, my Ozone 10 was older.
Didn't see anything about that on Audiodeluxe website. Only: *Ozone 11 upgrade from Ozone10*.
I received the serial and instructions from Audiodeluxe, by mail next day.
Validation process with Izotope Portal has been as expected.
After a single day of experiment, I don't perceive major sonic change from Ozone 10, except the new *Upward Compress* in Maximizer module. I guess this feature will get some little use in my workflow.
It was there. Anyway... consider yourself lucky. There was indeed a major "glitch" that allowed that and the $49 deal has been pulled from all the websites. I know... believe me I was looking to see if there were any stragglers. That "ship has sailed" as the expression goes.

David Polich

Post by David Polich »

If anyone is still wondering if Ozone 11 is worth it...they have a few new plugins that are supposedly "AI". Their new plugins are so similar to Sonible's Smart series (SmartComp2, Smart EQ, Smart Limit, SmartReverb, and SmartGate) that I'd say if you own the Sonible plugs, you don't need Ozone 11. Frankly, the Sonible stuff sounds better.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I take the same approach to iZotope upgrades that I do with NI. I wait until the sale 4-8 months later.
Music Production Suite 6 is on "sale" now for $229, but it will be $149 typically in that time. The extra advantage is that the new software has generally been updated for bug fixes by then.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.