Christmas is coming...ho ho ho

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
SixStringGeek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Christmas is coming...ho ho ho

Post by SixStringGeek »

I took the family to Santa Fe, New Mexico for Christmas some years ago (I used to live there during the 80s) and somehow wrote a song about it. At the urging of family and friends I have decided to get my feet wet with my first commercial release and use it to teach myself about distribution and promotion in the modern age.

All credit to HCMarkus who played piano and keyboards and did all the audio magic at his studio. He honored my original demo while making it better in every way and we had a blast making it.

The song releases October 11 on all major platforms (Symphonic distribution).

As this is my first foray into a commercial release, I am open (nay "eager") to get any wisdom on how to promote it from the more savvy song mongers here. I've signed up with iPlugger and am working the New Mexico radio and TV stations and some local businesses to milk the local artist angle and have released it early to give me time to lobby playlist curators to try to get it inserted into as many holiday play lists as possible. Tips on getting into store shopping mixes also much appreciated.

Please enjoy Christmas in Santa Fe.
mikehalloran

Re: Christmas is coming...ho ho ho

Post by mikehalloran »

Very nice!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

It was a real pleasure working on the tune with you, Mr. Geek, and very good to hang again after so many years. Tess nailed the vocal, and your contributions on guitar, composition and production were uniformly excellent. I'm down to work with you again any time.

Here's wishing you and Tess much success in Santa Fe and beyond!
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Nice work on this!

First thing I'd do is contact the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce and all the local radio and TV stations. They'll want to use this in December.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

Rick Cornish wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:44 pm First thing I'd do is contact the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce and all the local radio and TV stations. They'll want to use this in December.
Definitely part of our marketing plan. Thanks.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.