Quickly Disable Plugins Quickly to A/B

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LaudMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Quickly Disable Plugins Quickly to A/B

Post by LaudMusic »

Is there a way to quickly disable certain plugins in order to A/B a mix with and without EQ, Compression, etc.? I thought there was.
The one caveat is that I need to keep the VST plugins active as they are the ones producing sound.
I know I can setup an alternative mix, but in my minds that isn't "quick." Maybe I'm an idiot. LOL
HCMarkus

Re: Quickly Disable Plugins Quickly to A/B

Post by HCMarkus »

Option Click on any plugin to disable/reenable or on the master plugin slot at the top of the mixer to disable/reenable all plugins in a channel.

If you are looking for a global switch (all FX in a project), I don't think. you are going to find one.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You can have multiple mixes. Put the effect in one mix and not in the the other. You can change mixes during playback. There is a short delay while DP does it's pre-render thing, but unless the difference is very subtle you'll hear it.

Setting up and using multiple mixes is not that obvious using the controls at the bottom of the mixer window -- some manual time is in order.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

bayswater wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:41 am You can have multiple mixes. Put the effect in one mix and not in the the other. You can change mixes during playback. There is a short delay while DP does it's pre-render thing, but unless the difference is very subtle you'll hear it.

Setting up and using multiple mixes is not that obvious using the controls at the bottom of the mixer window -- some manual time is in order.
Is Duplicate Mix now working properly (DP11.22)? I recall having had issues in the past with inaccurate recalls.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sorry, don't know. I tried a quick one track one EQ test project and was able to do the above.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8