tcelectronic.com domain expired?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

tcelectronic.com domain expired?

Post by James Steele »

Well what the heck is going on over there? Some sort of glitch I suppose. They can't have been that dumb to let their domain name expire and someone else grab it? Gives me great confidence their plugins will be native soon.

10-Sep-2023.jpg
10-Sep-2023.jpg (182.37 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Re: tcelectronic.com domain expired?

Post by HCMarkus »

Looks like they fixed it.

https://www.tcelectronic.com

They're Behringer now.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

HCMarkus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:00 am Looks like they fixed it.

They're Behringer now.
Hmm... I just tried and it's back to normal. Looks like something happened with their host propagation in the little renewal gap. I'm hoping maybe they upgraded the servers. They have a forum their and because they're a large company that probably gets a lot of traffic, they need robust servers for their forum. Their forum had a lot of issues and was glacial at times. Although, I think their forum was at the "musictribe" domain, so maybe that's not it.

So it's back and I'm off to peek if they have UB2 version so their 2290 and 8210 plug ins. I'm sure they don't, but the masochist in me can't help but look. TC is one of the major laggers in Apple Silicon support and as I've complained about many times before, their company rep on their forum has taken to ignoring any inquiries in a thread about this for MONTHS. They simply ignore their customers. What bugs me, from the advertising emails I get, is TC seems completely wrapped up in hawking their guitar pedals and crap while the plug in software languishes. I'll keep this in mind with any software purchases moving forward. It's a bad look, TC.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:10 pm
HCMarkus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:00 am Looks like they fixed it.

They're Behringer now.
Hmm... I just tried and it's back to normal. Looks like something happened with their host propagation in the little renewal gap. I'm hoping maybe they upgraded the servers. They have a forum their and because they're a large company that probably gets a lot of traffic, they need robust servers for their forum. Their forum had a lot of issues and was glacial at times. Although, I think their forum was at the "musictribe" domain, so maybe that's not it.

So it's back and I'm off to peek if they have UB2 version so their 2290 and 8210 plug ins. I'm sure they don't, but the masochist in me can't help but look. TC is one of the major laggers in Apple Silicon support and as I've complained about many times before, their company rep on their forum has taken to ignoring any inquiries in a thread about this for MONTHS. They simply ignore their customers. What bugs me, from the advertising emails I get, is TC seems completely wrapped up in hawking their guitar pedals and crap while the plug in software languishes. I'll keep this in mind with any software purchases moving forward. It's a bad look, TC.
Ahhh… the hell that is dealing with Behringer support. First you must creat an account, then select a "tribe" to join after answering ten pages of marketing that had nothing to do with my question.

When I finally got to asking my question, making it very clear that the answer was nowhere to be found in the 3-page ‘manual’, I got a form response stating that anything not contained in that manual didn’t exist.

I don’t mind buying pieces of their gear on the rare occasion when the need and price converge. I don’t see that happening any time soon and what I bought last year is for sale. It served its purpose, got me through the gig and I’m done.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro