Recording Audio from MIDI tracks

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
ejv
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Recording Audio from MIDI tracks

Post by ejv »

I am using a 3rd party plugin called BFD3 drums. I am able to record MIDI tracks and the drums sound great but I cannot figure out how to convert those tracks to audio. I saw a tutorial on YouTube using Bundles to route the signals in DP but it is very confusing. I'm pretty sure it is a routing issue and would appreciate any input from the community. Thx, ejv
HCMarkus

Re: Recording Audio from MIDI tracks

Post by HCMarkus »

If you just want to record the stereo mix, simply route the output of the BFD VI to an Audio track using a stereo Bus.

If you want to record to multiple Audio tracks, it gets a little more complicated. Search the posts here and I think you will find the details.
greg328

Re: Recording Audio from MIDI tracks

Post by greg328 »

And-the BFD3 manual should go over individual outputs which can each be routed to DP to record separate audio tracks-
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.