New guy with a few questions regarding MIDI controllers, etc. Komplete Kontrol mk1 and Launchpad x

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
nobadmojo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

New guy with a few questions regarding MIDI controllers, etc. Komplete Kontrol mk1 and Launchpad x

Post by nobadmojo »

First post here. This forum seems friendly and knowledgeable. I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on DP11. it's an investment for me. I;m impressed with the features set and am willing to spend the time to learn. I installed the demo yesterday. Coming from Studio One and Bitwig. Using my 2 MIDI controllers is very important to me..where the rubber meets the road as they say.

Launchpad x. This seems like a no brainer. Mine installed easy peasy and I started noodling around with it
Does it function just the same as the Novation manual would indicate for Ableton? Or is there some separate manual somewhere like for using Launchpad x in Bitwig??? Seems like it will work out fine..so far i;ve played some notes and found faders mode. all good

Komplete Kontrol s61 mk1 keyboard. I love this keyboard and am into the Native Instruments nks stuff. I;ve had trouble permanently MIDI assigning knobs and buttons and faders in any sort of persistent global permanent way with both studio one and bitwig. Is it too much to hope for to have this sort of functionality in DP? I tried making some knobs universally permanent and those settings do not stick. they are only remembered within a project that i can see. Maybe i;m just doing something wrong in DP11. setting it up wrong or something..MIDI assigning confuses me. Otherwise this keyboard seems to work great in DP so far

Thats about it. I may be off here, but DP seems to sound even better than Studio One or Bitwig. How does DP handle updates as far as cost goes? and is there anything that explains what's missing in the Lite version? Thanks for any help/advice. sorry this is so long.