Replacement ear pads and foam for DT770 Pro

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
LaverneColeman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Replacement ear pads and foam for DT770 Pro

Post by LaverneColeman »

BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro headphones can be refurbished by replacing the earpads and inner foam.
GETMODNOW, the passion-driven platform where free minds unite Download here to provide comprehensive and free Mod APKs. You can rest assured to experience
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

LaverneColeman wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:44 pm BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro headphones can be refurbished by replacing the earpads and inner foam.
Yep... which is what I ended up doing as I mentioned earlier in this thread. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

mikehalloran wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:30 pmI won't use the factory pads for the SONY MDR 7506 anymore — got tired of wearing the leatherette on my ears after a year or so as it flaked off the fabric. The sheepskin/memory foam on these takes a bit of time to break in but, once that's done, I find them just as good (and they last for years).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EH ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks Mike! So glad I saw this.. I was about to just chunk both pairs of Sony 7506 in my studio. I was so tired of the little flakes you mentioned, and the pads actually coming off the headphones all the time, and having to go through the tedious job of trying to put them back on. These in your link are much more solid, and I'm also glad to hear they will break in and presumably get a little softer. I'm going to order a second set. :)
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Killahurts wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:40 pm
mikehalloran wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:30 pmI won't use the factory pads for the SONY MDR 7506 anymore — got tired of wearing the leatherette on my ears after a year or so as it flaked off the fabric. The sheepskin/memory foam on these takes a bit of time to break in but, once that's done, I find them just as good (and they last for years).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EH ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks Mike! So glad I saw this.. I was about to just chunk both pairs of Sony 7506 in my studio. I was so tired of the little flakes you mentioned, and the pads actually coming off the headphones all the time, and having to go through the tedious job of trying to put them back on. These in your link are much more solid, and I'm also glad to hear they will break in and presumably get a little softer. I'm going to order a second set. :)
I was just planning to update my review on those pads. Mine are working great but the little surrounds that fit into the grooves slip out now. I'm sure that putting these 'phones on one-handed contributes to that.

Anyway, a few days ago, I reinstalled the pads again then squeezed some globs of silicone glue onto a piece of paper and worked it into the gap with a toothpick. The result is solid and if it ever needs to come apart, the seal will peel right off. I cleaned it up a bit after this photo was taken.
Attachments
MDR-7506 ear cups silicon.jpeg
MDR-7506 ear cups silicon.jpeg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1314 times
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro