Moderator: James Steele

James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Little Article about M3 Chip at Cult of Mac

Post by James Steele »

Just a short article I got an email about regarding the M3 chips:

https://www.cultofmac.com/826467/apples ... -core-gpu/

All I can tell you is I think Apple Silicon has re-awakened computer lust in me! They say that they will be out in Late 2024? I'm going to start socking money aside now. I love this M1 Max Mac Studio.... but I made trade up to an M3 Mac Studio by that time if such a beast is available and it's powerful enough!

I know it has not been without bumps in the road, but I'm really pumped about the future of Apple Silicon. Apple will work out the kinks in it and they'll no longer be hampered by Intel. You think Apple with its gobs of cash can afford to hire the best minds on the planet when it comes to designing microprocessors! I wonder if they've poached talent from AMD, Intel, etc?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Little Article about M3 Chip at Cult of Mac

Post by mikehalloran »

Yep, I saw that this morning.

I still need to buy something and am hoping that the long awaited large iMac will finally make its appearance with an M2 or M3. Not counting on it, however. The M2 Ultra Studio is still looking best to me.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro