Route Audio From Neural DSP Standalone to DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
LittleJJ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Route Audio From Neural DSP Standalone to DP?

Post by LittleJJ »

Can anyone explain how I might route audio from the standalone version of a Neural DSP virtual amp into DP? The standalone version has MIDI CC capability that the plugin version—oddly—does not in Digital Performer, because the Neural DSP amps can only be instantiated as an insert on an audio track, not as a MIDI addressable instrument.
The problem, to be explicit, is that I cannot use an expression pedal with the plugin version, so lots of cool functionality is lost. If I could route audio from the standalone version I’d be all set, and could record live the processed (amped) signal, MIDI CCs and all. Thanks in advance.
Oh, I use Apollo. The Console application TURNS OUT TO BE THE ANSWER.
Last edited by LittleJJ on Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 M1 Ultra (yay!)
Apollo interface
A few thousand plugs
A half million guitars and 10 million stompboxes
Tubes
Electricity
LittleJJ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Route Audio From Neural DSP Standalone to DP?

Post by LittleJJ »

UPDATE: The Apollo’s Console application turns out to be the solution. NOW i finally know what the “Virtual” channels in the Console application are for: exactly this situation, routing Virtual Instruments to the DAW. Happy Camper. (I guess maybe “Virtual” should have been a clue.)
2023 M1 Ultra (yay!)
Apollo interface
A few thousand plugs
A half million guitars and 10 million stompboxes
Tubes
Electricity