Bug with Hardware Insert and incorrect latency compensation (VIDEO)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bug with Hardware Insert and incorrect latency compensation (VIDEO)

Post by James Steele »

Here's an unlisted video I made demonstrating a pretty serious issue with the Hardware Insert plugin in DP. I'd made a couple videos, but decided on just using this one as it most succinctly demonstrates the problem. The workaround isn't too bad. You need to "ping" the hardware from the Hardware Insert plugin twice in a row to get the correct number of samples, and then you're okay.

I've reported this to MOTU. As I incorporate two hardware compressors that I recently purchased into my studio, it's going to be increasingly important to me that things like this are fixed.

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Bug with Hardware Insert and incorrect latency compensation (VIDEO)

Post by James Steele »

Sent this suggestion to MOTU today for improvement to Hardware Insert plug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!