API for Ultralite mk5

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Richard Foss
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

API for Ultralite mk5

Post by Richard Foss »

Does anyone know of an API/osc message layout for the UltraLite mk5 for the development of 3rd party apps? At present only aware of it for AVB-compatible MOTU devices (828es, 8A, 16A, etc).
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: API for Ultralite mk5

Post by James Steele »

Richard Foss wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:33 am Does anyone know of an API/osc message layout for the UltraLite mk5 for the development of 3rd party apps? At present only aware of it for AVB-compatible MOTU devices (828es, 8A, 16A, etc).
I don't know. Have you tried writing to MOTU?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Richard Foss

Re: API for Ultralite mk5

Post by Richard Foss »

I'm very sorry about my slow response to your question - I usually get an email alert, but didn't.

Anyway, to answer - yes I have contacted MOTU, two of the developers whom I have previously been in contact with - but no response. With its 10 outs, it really is an ideal device for immersive sound!