My articulation maps are not 'sticking' to my project

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Walbertus
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

My articulation maps are not 'sticking' to my project

Post by Walbertus »

I have already checked out the other threads I could find on the articulation maps but I think there are some questions that haven’t been explained.
I actually have just upgraded to DP 11 from DP 9 and it’s been working great for me on my old Mac Pro still using os 10.13. MIDI editing seems a bit smoother and easier so I’m happy.

Articulation maps are a big deal for me and I dove right into them. I watched the videos posted here and began setting up map templates as recommended. Everything seemed to be working as expected. I wanted to set up a full orch template to use with my EastWest symphonic orch. I made separate folders for each section, brass, strings, woodwinds.

I started work on a piece where I could use the full orch. Everything seemed to work until ….
After saving my file and returning to it later I found that many of the articulations were not ‘sticking’ to the MIDI track. ?!! I had figured that once they were set up that it would be a part of the track, just like, say, velocities once you set them.

What am I doing wrong? I made my articulations global as suggested by David Dass in his video. Should I make them part of the project?

Also I still don’t see why he suggests having a separate keyboard that sends out the MIDI note numbers to change articulations. If the notes are in place in the MIDI track, and I set the articulations in the map lane, isn’t that all that’s necessary? It’s all puzzling.
DP11, OSX 10.13.6, Mac Pro