Getting DP Tracks to latch to V-Racks with different output settings

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Getting DP Tracks to latch to V-Racks with different output settings

Post by lampfilmusic »

Got a V-Rack with all its instrument outputs set to MOTU 2408 Main Outs 1&2. To prepare for a mix on an external mixing console, I set this V-Rack’s instrument outputs to 24 x different input channels on a MOTU 24i/o (which feeds the outboard mixer).

Then I found a needed a version of the original V-Rack so as to be able to hear all instrument channels set to 2408 Main Outs 1&2 again. I loaded into the Chunks window an exactly identical V-Rack from another DP sequence file. Oh dear. When I un-enabled the first V-Rack (mixer outs) and then enabled the loaded V-Rack (2408 Main Outs only), all the output assignments in the Tracks window of my sequence chunk turned to italic and stopped connecting. - DP had lost sight of them.

I found I had to go through all the tracks again (about 100 of them) re-setting the outputs to where they should be, to turn the italic listing in the output column into a non-italic one.

What did I do wrong? :roll: Do I need to be saving separate Bundle files by listing individual instruments so as to be able to manage these outputs? Is there a simple way to switch between outboard mixer-out allocations (via 24i/o) and all instrument etc. outputs going to a single stereo pair? Thanks for you help folks.
gzap
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Getting DP Tracks to latch to V-Racks with different output settings

Post by gzap »

What if you use sends to bus outs to either your individual outs or your stereo pairs.
Then just mute/unmute your sends to the mains.
M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Metric Halo LIO/2882's