Unisyn long shot

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

sloiselle
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unisyn long shot

Post by sloiselle »

HI folks, this may be a long shot but doesn't hurt to post. NOTE: Admin, if this isn't OK, just let me know and delete (or tell me to).

If anyone has a copy of a Unisyn manual (any version), please read on and consider.

I'd like to borrow anyone's manual (and would be fine with sending a deposit for security), so that I can scan it. When I say "scan it", I mean not just scan the pages but then open each in photoshop, clean it up and ensure each is "flat" (horizontally). I would then return the manual and post a pdf of the scan here.

For reference, I recently got a VFX-SD "how to" tutorial book that was published through Alexander Publishing over 30 years ago (which is near unobtanium). Alexander Pub is still in business so I contacted them to ask permission to scan it into pdf for the members of the Ensoniq FB group (the answer was go ahead, no problem, more details available for anyone curious who asks).

Summary - anyone willing to lend (with a deposit) or sell a Unisyn manual, please let me know.

Kind regards, Scott Loiselle
loiselles@husson.edu
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Unisyn long shot

Post by James Steele »

I have a hard copy Unisyn manual. Only thing is I’d never let it out of my sight. I do have a scanner. Hmmm. I might see if I can scan it. I’d want to contact MOTU first for permission but I can’t see them having a problem with it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Unisyn long shot

Post by James Steele »

I re-read your post. Didn't mean to dismiss it so abruptly. I should look around and see what I can find, but I've recently been able to press Unisyn into service by running it on an old iBook G4 and screen sharing it to my Mac Studio. I just get queasy about the manual leaving my sight.

I did do a search and found this:

https://2kool4skool.com/unisyn-patch-ed ... motu-132p/

$25. Not sure if it is for the last version which I think was 2.11? I did notice that the contact info for that site shows a phone number area code 760 which is actually not far from me. That's somewhere in north San Diego county most likely.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
sloiselle
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sloiselle »

HI James, that's fine and I understand not wanting send away a hard-to-find manual (I have more than a few myself so I really do get it) - no problem. Thanks for the link, am pondering (and also have a line on possibly another source).

Thanks again, Scott
DAWdler

Post by DAWdler »

I have a Unisyn manual I will never use. I don't have a computer that will run it anymore. I do miss Unisyn though, it had some great editors. Anyway PM me and we can arrange how to get it to you.
Mac Studio Ultra, 828ES
Semi-retired Mac Pro
MacOS 12 DP11
Bunch of noise making things
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

DAWdler wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:25 pm I have a Unisyn manual I will never use. I don't have a computer that will run it anymore. I do miss Unisyn though, it had some great editors. Anyway PM me and we can arrange how to get it to you.
That's good news!! I'm running Unisyn via an older Mac that I screenshare with, otherwise I'd give mine up. Last version I believe was 2.11, but not sure if the update was substantial or just newer profiles and perhaps a cosmetic makeover?