DP 11.2 Melodyne Integration

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MuddyAngel
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 11.2 Melodyne Integration

Post by MuddyAngel »

So delighted to have this tool on my workbench. Has anyone tried to change the mode from Major to Minor in the key/scale menu using Melodyne Editor or Studio under Monterey on a MacBook Pro with a Pro Max chip not using Rosetta? Most everything works but that option is greyed out for me. Thanks, everyone for keeping this forum going. I have been a lurker for years, having used Performer 2.7 back in the 80s and some version ever since.
fusion58
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by fusion58 »

The VST3 version of Melodyne 5 Essentials fails the plugin examination sequence in DP 11.22 for me.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to to no avail.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Disregard last transmission. Tried rescanning again, and for reasons unknown, it worked this time.

Apparently, the 10th time’s a charm! 😉
Mac Mini M2 Pro / OS Ventura 13.4.1 / DP 11.22
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

fusion58 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:12 am The VST3 version of Melodyne 5 Essentials fails the plugin examination sequence in DP 11.22 for me.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to to no avail.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Disregard last transmission. Tried rescanning again, and for reasons unknown, it worked this time.

Apparently, the 10th time’s a charm! 😉
The current version is 5.3.1. If you don’t have it yet, register with Celemony and they will send you the latest update after logging into your account and making the request..

There are a couple of “rare” issues with DP but crashing validation isn’t supposed to be one of them. Here’s the version history.
https://helpcenter.celemony.com/M5/doc ... standAlone

If that doesn’t do it, open a Tech Link with MOTU Support from within your User account.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
60s Pop Man

Post by 60s Pop Man »

For reasons unknown, initially the most current VST3 version of Melodyne Editor v5 passed plug-in authorization but did not appear in the ARA Compatibility window or the track ARA popup. Days later on a whim, I authorized the AU version and suddenly Melodyne became an option in the popup. The AU version is now unchecked. No complaints! :D
M1 Mac mini 1TB/16GB, macOS 13.4.1, DP11.22, audiofront MIDI Expression iO, MOTU M2&M4, UAD Apollo
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

mikehalloran wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:46 pm

Nice new pict Mike
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.