Reverse function

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dado
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Reverse function

Post by dado »

Hello everybody. There is a possibility to make a reverse of an audio file? Thanks
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Reverse function

Post by James Steele »

dado wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:48 am Hello everybody. There is a possibility to make a reverse of an audio file? Thanks
I just checked and found a way to do it.

• Select the soundbite
• From the "Audio" menu, choose "Apply Plug-In..."
• The "Apply Plug-In" chooser window will open up.
• Type "reverse" (Search field should already be active)
• You should see the MOTU "Reverse" MAS plugin. Select it.
• Hit "Enter" (or click "Select")
• At the next dialog, ignore the "Pre roll" and "Post roll" fields (leave them at 0), and hit "Enter" (or click "Apply")

Voila!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... I had made a previous post mentioning you can set this up with Keyboard Maestro. You can get it here: https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/ It's quite useful to have.

Anyway, ran into some strange problems where the macro worked when invoking it from the Menu Bar, but not with a hotkey. Using a hotkey was resizing the Track Overview for some inexplicable reason. I couldn't find a redundant hotkey anywhere. I ended up using ⌘-F11 and that took care of the problem.

So these are the steps in the Keyboard Maestro Editor. Note that the 2nd and 3rd step (the mouseclick and Tab) are necessary. The 2nd step clicks the "All" item in the left pane in the "Apply Plug-In..." chooser. The 3rd step, moves the cursor to the search box.

reversemacro.jpg
reversemacro.jpg (163.42 KiB) Viewed 427 times

If you already have Keyboard Maestro, I'm attaching the exported macro. You should be able to unzip it, then double click the file "Reverse Soundbite.kmmacros" and the macro should be added to Keyboard Maestro for you. You might then have to modify the hotkey to something else if needed.
Attachments
Reverse Soundbite.kmmacros.zip
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dado

Post by dado »

James Steele wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:54 am
dado wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:48 am Hello everybody. There is a possibility to make a reverse of an audio file? Thanks
I just checked and found a way to do it.

• Select the soundbite
• From the "Audio" menu, choose "Apply Plug-In..."
• The "Apply Plug-In" chooser window will open up.
• Type "reverse" (Search field should already be active)
• You should see the MOTU "Reverse" MAS plugin. Select it.
• Hit "Enter" (or click "Select")
• At the next dialog, ignore the "Pre roll" and "Post roll" fields (leave them at 0), and hit "Enter" (or click "Apply")

Voila!
Thanks buddy!!!!!!!
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dado wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:01 pmThanks buddy!!!!!!!
Anytime. It's nice to be able to find something I know the answer to!! It would be more convenient if this function was easier to get to, but oh well. I actually built a macro for it as I mentioned and assigned a hotkey to it. I also have a Euphonix MC Control and I made a touchscreen softkey that invokes this macro. You could easily do make a macro and assign it to a button on Streamdeck.