Note values in Notation Editor

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
yperochiakeraiotita
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Note values in Notation Editor

Post by yperochiakeraiotita »

Hello! Currently running DP10.13 I've always had consistent note values when switching from QuickScribe and Notation Editor.

However, I've noticed over the past few days that note values on Notation Editor is different from QuickScribe, with QuickScribe being more accurate, showing eighth/sixteenth notes while Notation Editor shows only quarter and half notes. Pitches don't have any problems and the ability to adjust the 8va/8vb register is beautiful. Could there be a similar feature for rhythmic values that I haven't been aware of?

Been fiddling with selection information, time formats, zoom menu - all referring to the manual but I can't seem to figure it out with the user-manual but it's either there's no specific instruction on that or my mind is working extra slow today :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Thank you in advance!!
2023 M2 Max Mac Studio 64GB; 2020 M1 Macbook Air 16GB; 2015 Macbook Pro i5 8 GB
LPX 10.7; DP 11.11; Sibelius 2020; Notion for iOS
Cinematic Studio Series; Cinesamples; Spitfire Audio; 8Dio; ProjectSAM; Heavyocity; Ample Sound; Native Instruments, Sonuscore; Orchestral Tools; Izotope; Fabfilter
midney
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Note values in Notation Editor

Post by midney »

Hello,
I’m glad someone brought it up.
The note values between QuickScribe and Notation Editor have never been consistent.
Notation editor should have been upgraded long time ago to match the resolution between the two windows.
QuickScribe resolution of 1/64 is no match to Notation Editor which is only 1/16. Also, Notation Editor window features a continuous scroll and the QuickScribe does not. It is a very useful editing window, so let’s hope for future updates.

Rgrds

Boris
yperochiakeraiotita
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Note values in Notation Editor

Post by yperochiakeraiotita »

Still happening in DP 11.22. :|
2023 M2 Max Mac Studio 64GB; 2020 M1 Macbook Air 16GB; 2015 Macbook Pro i5 8 GB
LPX 10.7; DP 11.11; Sibelius 2020; Notion for iOS
Cinematic Studio Series; Cinesamples; Spitfire Audio; 8Dio; ProjectSAM; Heavyocity; Ample Sound; Native Instruments, Sonuscore; Orchestral Tools; Izotope; Fabfilter