GRIPE: C'mon BOZ!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

GRIPE: C'mon BOZ!

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... they won't even see it here and I'm just ranting in the wilderness... BUT...

C'MON BOZ...

I know Bark Of Dog and Width Knob were freebies, but my other ones aren't and your whole Great Plugin Re-Write of 2022 is moving well into 2023. I've already ended up purchasing Hand Clap Studio to replace El Clapo... and at a great deal... $19 at Plugin Boutique. I just checked and unfortunately it's back to $49.

Point being, I understand you need to keep introducing new plug-ins, but you're going to start hemorrhaging long time users that move on to alternatives. I guess someday I will get to run El Clapo, GateyWatey, and The Wall again once they're native, but who knows when? Next week? Next month? Next year?

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 6.34.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 6.34.17 PM.png (109.75 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Re: GRIPE: C'mon BOZ!

Post by HCMarkus »

I'll second that, James.

I, too, picked up Hand Clap Studio (it does finger snaps as well) but would love to have the Boz Stomp app back in the quiver as I've used it in several pieces. I've sent a couple of missive their way; we'll see if they ever get around to the update.

Stomp, El Clap and Le Snippet are some of the only plugins that don't do well under Rosetta. Can't remember if I tried VST. Let's see..
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
HCMarkus

Re: GRIPE: C'mon BOZ!

Post by HCMarkus »

So much for that ^ idea. DP doesn't see the Das Boot VSTs. And the AU stops DP in its tracks.