Applying Shift to Multiple Regions

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Applying Shift to Multiple Regions

Post by bayswater »

Suppose you have dozens of Instrument or MIDI tracks, with hundreds of small MIDI regions spread out all over the Track Overview window. Put a Marker at location 5/1, and select about 50 of them, and use the Shift Command to move them to the marker.

What happens is the left-most region of the 50 you selected moves to the Market, but the 50 regions maintain their relative positions.

Is there a way to move them all the marker, other than selecting them one a at time and applying the Shift command?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Applying Shift to Multiple Regions

Post by lampfilmusic »

For MIDI, I think it's one at a time. For audio, a sync. point could be used and DP refers to that.

If some of your MIDI tracks have common relative positions, you could try moving them in groups, according how much they need to move.