Silly Question?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dhelpling
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Silly Question?

Post by dhelpling »

When I am applying an Audio plug-in destructively (Audio/Apply Audio Plug-In), where do I choose it's audio output for monitoring? It seems to be choosing a bundle that I'm not using, but I can't seem to find a preference setting for it. Is it using the Apple System output "behind the scenes"?
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Silly Question?

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

Hey, Dhelpling! Do you mean that you want to know how it is routed while you monitor it while clicking on the preview button? I don't know the answer to that. But once you apply the effect, of course you hear it by playing the track on which the soundbite resides. The audio is routed to whatever bundle/outputs which that track is routed to. I guess I assumed the audio while previewing does the same, but maybe not???

Doug
dhelpling

Post by dhelpling »

Hey Doug… The way the destructive "Apply Audio Plug-in" works is that while you are adjusting the parameters you press a little "preview" button and it plays the soundbite that is currently highlighted. Now that I am in DP 11.2 I do not hear the monitored sound when I press preview and I do not know if there's a setting somewhere that uses a specific output or… If there is indeed some kind of issue or error with DP 11.2 and Ventura.
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

AH... Now I understand your issue! Hmm... I'm not sure how to fix it. I wonder if the soundbite has to be placed on a play-enabled audio track in order to hear it repeating while you have the preview feature engaged?? Anyone else have any ideas?

Doug
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

IIRC, it will play back thru the topmost output assignment in the Bundles window.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Correct weight IIRC Brother Sir Markus.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
dhelpling

Post by dhelpling »

I'll check it... Markus to the rescue as usual!