Purchasing and installing DP 11 Upgrade from previous version on new Mac

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
fusion58
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Purchasing and installing DP 11 Upgrade from previous version on new Mac

Post by fusion58 »

I'm currently running DP 9.5 on a 2014 Mac Mini which is "aging out." :wink:

I'm planning to replace this decrepit machine with a new M2 Mini.

Question:

I would like to purchase the DP 11 upgrade (~$199.00 USD.)

Do I need to download and activate my existing product (DP 9.5) on the new computer before I can d/l and install the DP 11 upgrade, or can I just purchase and download/install the upgrade directly to the new computer?

Thanks for any advice.
Mac Mini M2 Pro / OS Ventura 13.4.1 / DP 11.22
HCMarkus

Re: Purchasing and installing DP 11 Upgrade from previous version on new Mac

Post by HCMarkus »

Just download and install the latest version on your new Mac(which you are gonna’ love, btw) and follow whatever directions you get on your display.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Since DP 8, all downloads are fully contained—none require a previous build or version be present. Your Serial Number was issued with your first DP purchase (v.2.7 in my case).

If you purchase your upgrade from MOTU, your Key Code will get you going. There's no need to register it since you purchased from inside your User Account. Make sure that your email address and name are spelled exactly the way that MOTU has it on file or it will keep dumping you into Demo mode.

If purchased from a reseller, your Key Code will let you get it running but you will need to register your upgrade with MOTU to be eligible for Tech Support etc. You will have instructions how to do this.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
fusion58

Post by fusion58 »

Thanks for the 411, everybody! 8)
Mac Mini M2 Pro / OS Ventura 13.4.1 / DP 11.22