Issue with mixing board automation snapshots.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Issue with mixing board automation snapshots.

Post by mike_o »

I'm trying to use the mixing board automation snapshot system, the little camera icon at the bottom left of the mixing board window, and it's not working properly.

I've got a series of loops that I need to do mastering on, so I set up all the loops in a row, all kicks on channel 1, all snares on channel 2 etc...

So I mix down the first 4 bar loop and everything sounds right, I use the mixing board snapshot system to save the entire mix setting at bar 1:1, and I move on to loop 2 to do the mix there, bars5:1 through 9:1 and everything seems to be working, until I look in the track automation list and see that the snapshot automation system is only capturing snapshot values of the first plugin in each channel, the MW EQ, the second and third plugins (10 in total) are not being captured.

The mixing board snapshot system is set to all enabled data types in the mixer but it is still not capturing data for the other 9 plugins in each channel.

Is this a know bug?
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Issue with mixing board automation snapshots.

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

It may be a known bug....Or it may be a "feature" done on purpose. When I take a snapshot of a mixer channel, I didn't know it was even capturing the first plug-in. I thought it was only capturing the volume, mute, and panning settings. If I want to automate an audio plug-in, I open that window, take a snapshot with that window's snapshot button (set to capture snapshot of that window). Then I can record automation moves for that effect window. Could it be that the snapshot you are taking from the main mixer snapshot button only captures settings on plug-in windows that are open and therefore "visible"? I'm not sure....

On a related note, before taking a mixer snapshot, I make sure that the track I want the snapshot of is the only one showing in the mixer window. This prevents headaches from unintended snapshots of other tracks. This is easily accomplished by highlighting the desired tracks in the TO window, then switching to the mixer tab, of course.

Doug