Audified STA Effects updated to M1 native

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audified STA Effects updated to M1 native

Post by James Steele »

So it's turned out one of my hobbies has become checking out different plug-in developers' websites to see if they've updated any of the plugins that I own to M1-native versions. Maybe it's because I don't subscribe to their email, but I just found out that Audified updated STA effects to 2.2.0 and they are now M1-native.

https://shop.audified.com/products/sta-effects

From the release notes:
• macOS 12 and newest DAWs compatibility improved. macOS plug-ins are now delivered as universal binaries for both Intel64 and arm64 platform – plug-ins are Apple Silicon native.
• Latency report to DAW was optimized and phase inversion compensated so it is now much safer to do dry/wet mix over the whole plugin in the DAW.
• The DC product of STA simulation is removed.
• Saturation parameter is now smoothed.
• Offline render processing optimized – avoid fade-in at the beginning of processed track.
• VST2 plug-in format no longer delivered.
• STA Delay tail time report to DAW updated so the delay is not cut when stopping
the transport in the DAW or after render process.
• Any previous version of STA plug-ins is always uninstalled automatically when installing this version.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!