Sudden crashes... are there good instructions of what to do next?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sudden crashes... are there good instructions of what to do next?

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:15 pm All of that looks good and you could then covert to MP3 or other compressed audio formats after the fact if desired. I guess there is no workaround if you have a movie file associated with the project you want to bounce to a QT movie. I suppose you could do an audio only bounce and then add the resulting audio to the movie in video editing software. Seems like best to just hang with Monterey until MOTU fixes this. Nothing super compelling for me about Ventura.
All correct.

I never do audio to QT movies so not an issue for me. Likewise, I use TwistedWave to convert to mp3 and other compressed formats because it's so much faster. TW works fine over Ventura, thank goodness!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
rictroll
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Sudden crashes... are there good instructions of what to do next?

Post by rictroll »

RodneySauer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:48 am I've been tracking on Digital Performer 11.21 on my new M2 Max MacBook Pro (32 Mbytes memory, Ventura 13.2).

I've been getting two or three sudden crashes per day: suddenly DP disappears. After a bit, an Apple crash report window pops up. Opening DP again takes me back to the last autosave.
I have been having the same problems since updating to Ventura. Also, DP sometimes fails to restart until I reboot the Mac.