Warning re: new Eucon 2022.12 and Artist Control Surfaces

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Warning re: new Eucon 2022.12 and Artist Control Surfaces

Post by James Steele »

Just a heads up to anyone out there with either Avid or Euphonix Control or Mix control surfaces: the latest 2022.12 caused cosmetic issues for me in terms of the colors of the soft keys were all dark/muted and blue tinged. Functionally it seemed to work, but not after I had to go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility and remove EuControl.app and MC-Client.app, then reboot, then go back in and re-add and enable them.

But even still, the cosmetic issue with the colors on the display made me roll back to 2022.9. I could not reset the colors or get them to look right. Red or yellow simply wasn't possible and they were all dark. See graphic below. Forgive the quality... these were taken with iPhone. Top row are colors designated in the EuControl Settings... middle row is what they look like with the 2022.9 Eucon software installed. Bottom row is what happens when 2022.12.

I'm using a Euphonix MC Control v2 and an MC Mix with most current firmware. If you're only using the Mix surface and therefore no color touchscreen, then it may be just fine since the color issue won't affect you.

metercomparison.jpg
metercomparison.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!